Friday's Fic Fit 5.14.2010

 Every Friday, we’ll ease your cravings for a hit/fic by passing on something that’s been rec’d to us.  This means that if there’s a fic you wanna see, you’ll need to submit it!  Stories that fit the theme of our upcoming podcast are most appreciated.

For today’s reading pleasure, Jess would like to rec Major Misconduct by m7707.

GrayMatters told us, “I absolutely LOVE this story! I have to admit that, at first, I was reluctant to read it, as I am not the biggest fan of the high school fics. But since I love hockey, I decided to give it a go. AM I EVER GLAD THAT I DID!! m7707 has some of the best character development I've ever read, a unique plot, and the most smokin' UST there is! The characters are sweet, relateable, and written in a mature fashion to which I can relate. And have I mentioned the UST? 15 chapters and and we're promised it's going to break wide open, and I CAN'T WAIT!!

How could I pass that up?  Obviously, I couldn’t.

Summary:
Edward Cullen - hot high school hockey player. Bella Swan - shy high school student. They've admired each other from afar, so what happens when they finally meet? Will they be strong enough to handle a threat from his past? No good deed goes unpunished...

Jess’ official pimping:
 Sports have never really been my thing, but HockeyWard is an easy way to win a girl over.  This JockWard isn’t the usual cocky manwhore we’re used to.  Sure, he’s cocky, but only when he’s earned it.  He’s a little shy, smart, funny, and, of course, hot as hell.  

The whole fic is told from Bella’s POV, so it’s always important to be able to relate to her.  I think anyone who’s been to high school can – this is exactly how I’d describe high school.  Bella’s a mature (ish) 17 year old who’s shy but funny and easy to love.  Bella’s klutziness is present, but her accidents don’t feel like the author is using them as a plot device to get Bella in Edward’s arms all the time.  She’s got her trademark blush, but again, it doesn’t feel forced.  

At times, the UST is off the charts as shy Bella discovers a side of herself she didn’t know before – Inner Slut Girl.  Bella’s just discovering her teenage hormones and though they take over sometimes, she doesn’t go from virgin to sex goddess in an instant.  Bella’s still awkward and hardly knows what to do with the crazy, hot things her imagination comes up with.  As you experience her awkwardness with her, you almost feel bad for her… though somehow m7707 makes it nerve-wracking and hot enough that it all blends together into a wonderful feeling.  

Another strength in this fic is the way the parents are written.  They all have a good amount of character without feeling cheesy or too much like a stereotypical parent.  There’s also plenty of great one-liners to keep you smiling throughout.

Quote from Chapter 2:

He laughed out loud this time, and Mr. Banner turned to us with a scowl. "Something amusing you wish to share, Mr. Cullen?"

Edward's eyes danced wickedly at me, and I poked him in the thigh. Then I had to do it again, I thought maybe I'd hit the metal post. No, that hard, firm, unyielding object was definitely his thigh. Gah. My hand lingered on his leg and then, without my forethought or knowledge, it slid slowly, tantalizingly higher. Holy hell. He jerked slightly, and I snapped my arm back in mortification. Oh my God, I just felt up Edward Cullen in the middle of Biology class.


So go check it out and tell m7707 that The Pimps sent you. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home