Friday's Fic Fit 7.9.2010





Every Friday, we’ll ease your cravings for a hit/fic by passing on something that’s been rec’d to us. This means that if there’s a fic you wanna see, you’ll need to submit it! Stories that fit the theme of our upcoming podcast are most appreciated.


For today's reading pleasure, Kari would like to rec Beyond the Seventh Circle by Amelie Gray.

Amelie Gray sent us her fic and asked us to check it out. 


She said "I like to think that Beyond the Seventh Circle is...different. Bella isn't a regular victim of Darkward. She holds her own, and has her own secrets that could blow everything out of the water...And Edward drinks blood."

Well, she had me at Darkward. I had to check it out.

Summary:
He looked down and watched as her toes curled nervously in their rainbow-striped socks, and he knew right away he shouldn't trust her.

Kari’s Official pimping:

I wish I could tell you I knew what was going on in this fic. But the truth is, it’s very mysterious, and I don't know what the hell is happening.

Told in alternating POV's from Edward and Bella, it starts out with Bella letting Edward bite her and drink her blood. Turns out it was a trap so that the wolves could capture him while he’s distracted. Seems like Bella does this a lot and works closely with the wolves, whom she refers to as her brothers.

She was used to this, by now. She didn't cry out as his teeth sank into the giving flesh. She didn't even sigh. It bothered him, but he lapped at the blood, letting it flow down his dry throat and nourish his body, even as it deprived her.

Edward can't believe he has been captured and vows to make the girl who lured him into the trap pay. He can't stop thinking about her while planning his escape. There’s also the mystery as to whether or not Edward was set up by someone he knows. I’m very excited to see how this all plays out once Edward and Bella meet up again.

There’s a very interesting relationship between Bella and the wolves, especially with Sam, Leah and Jacob. I'm not sure how she’s come to live and work with them. And the tension between her and Leah is especially thick.

Around me my brothers formed a circular wall, protecting me against the outside world and the vampire that languished somewhere below in the inky black, but still unwilling to step in and diffuse the fire I could see in Jacob's eyes.

Bottom line is, this fic is intriguing, mysterious and wonderfully written. If vamp AU is your thing, drop everything to check this one out. You will not be disappointed.

Oh, and did i say that Bella is mute? She hasn't spoken a word the entire fic. See? I told you I don't know what's going on...

 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At July 9, 2010 at 5:41 PM , Anonymous ooza said...

I love this story!

 
At July 12, 2010 at 9:59 PM , Blogger sarah said...

I love this story with my whole heart.

Reading through Darkward's internal monologue has always intrigued me, and his is delicious! And when Bella signs, with her hands... Amelie writes it so poetically. This is a beautiful story, and I thrive on each update! I can't wait to see what happens next!

 
At July 14, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds....so good.

 
At July 14, 2010 at 10:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came back to say, yep! Read and caught up on this one this morning and LOVE. IT.

She does an excellent job of writing Edward's anger and frustration, Bella's torment...that we don't know why it's there yet, and keeps me on the edge of my seat with wondering what in the world is gonna happen next!

Thanks for the rec!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home