Hump Your Readers Wednesday 7.14.2010

Every Wednesday we will let authors spotlight the reviews that made them feel all fuzzy inside!

Empty Panes by AydenMorgen
Review by les16
Chapter 40
"Ayden my friend~~

Truly an amazing chapter...but you already know how much I loved this one.

Edward, our beautiful, conflicted, brave, suffering, guilt ridden man! Oh how he amazed me in this chapter. He completely 'got it' in this chapter. He understood where Bella was coming from, he understood how his actions in the past- when he ran away affected his family, he understood how liberating it is to face the music so to speak. He got it all. The plan will be effective and I have no doubt he will get the reaction he is hoping for.

The statement? Utterly heartwrenching to read, but the emotions...oh my. His pride and belief in Bella is truly staggering and my God it is wonderful to see him on his own road to forgiving and healing himself.

And our Bella? She cracked me the hell up in this chapter. I love how she gets so mad at Edward for his actions, even though she knows full well where they are coming from. I am really happy she understands what he is trying to do and I can most definitely see that light shining so brightly for them at the end of this road. They have come such a long way...and it has been truly moving and inspirational to watch.

As always my dear, another phenomenal chapter from you. I can't wait until they reunite, that is gonna be something...I just know it. If their phone call is any indication, seeing one another in person will be even better.

Thank you so very much for sharing such an awe inspiring and gripping tale with all of us. We are so very fortunate.

Keep up the excellent work my friend, can't wait for the next one!"

Empty Panes by AydenMorgen
Review by edwardsisobel
Chapter 40
"Wow Ayden. I am completely blown away by the eloquence of your words and the depths of emotion they convey in every chapter. You know with some fics, even the most popular, you read the update and enjoy it, then go onto the next, but with your story I find myself reading through first and then going back and re-reading to savour the words you have written again. Ok fangirl moment over.

Squee, Bella rang Edward! Loved Edward's statement. Loved Bella's agro when she found out Edward was shielding her again and her abrupt turnabout when she had read what he had written and felt responsible, in part, for helping in his healing. Can't wait till the weekend and the next chapter."

Isabella After Dark by Oliviamk1218
Review by bwen
Chapter 5
AMAZING!!! F*cking loved this chapter your banter between Bella and Edward was sex without contact, absolutely BRILLIANT writing!

Your stories transcend typical fan fiction they are in class all their own.

Like a Moth to a Flame by CitizenCullen25
Review by Robstenfan
Chapter 32
"Poor Donward!

This guy really need to get laid[he's worked hard]!

I love that Bree is now part of the family. Poor girl needed someone to take care of her.

i'm glad to hear Jane made it out alive!

is onyx ever going to like Donward?

anyway, i know i suck at reviewing, but i try...

i look forward to the next update !

~LOVE YOU~

Review by lovetoplay2
Chapter 4
"I've always been a big fan of your writing, but I have to say, this little beauty really showcases your talent! I can't imagine how you're able to write both of their POV when they are fighting & are clearly not seeing eye to eye. When you observe two people fighting, you usually tend to agree more with one of the two. In this case, I'm definitely hating on bitch Bella & really do feel bad for Edward. That said, you were BRILLIANT with her POV this chapter in capturing how SHE'S viewing the events, however self-serving they may be. Even though Edward did a bit of retaliation of his own, how she can not feel like the bitch she's being is beyond me. And her not feeling bad about him losing the money he needs to make his car payment because she doesn't think it's worth that much- fucking unbelievable!

You must be having quite a bit of fun writing such a hag, since Bella's
character is usually anything but. Thanks for humoring my ranting about
fictional characters. Like that doesn't make me feel a bit sad & pathetic!
Lol! But I really do appreciate the great entertainment you provide me! Love,
your loyal fan. *mwah* :)"

That Pain to Miss by Helenah Jay
Review by SeanEmma4Evr
Chapter 19
"But this chapter feels like they're moving on! Like they're finally getting the chance to start over. Edward isn't being overbearing and Bella isn't let her bitterness overwhelm her, like I think it does in ""Eclipse."" Giving him the chance to make amends shows a maturity level missing in the third book - so perhaps she has grown up despite her unchanging body.

I loved this line: ""I'm struck, not for the first time, by the strangeness of the way Edward lives: without the benefit of obliviousness; encompassed continuously by the noise of the crowd."" I honestly had not thought of it before now. It's an interesting concept - he doesn't get that benefit.

Oh and the way you described Edward in the dance? SWOON!

Still feel bad for Julian. I like him.

And then the skating...I think this scene was pivotal for their relationship. I think they're both acknowledging certain aspects of their former relationship and taking everything in. That and the dance together put a lot in perspective - Edward didn't trust her love, and Bella finally sees why. Plus, I love how this shows Bella DID miss out on certain things by being changed then - she didn't go to prom, she did miss out on various experiences, all of which Edward warned her she would later regret. I don't think she so much regrets as looks at it from a wistful standpoint.

Can't wait for more!"

The Ride by Aylah50
Review by Delandora
Chapter 12
Wow. Just...wow! This story is so incredibly amazing. I love all the song references. I'm only 25 but I listened to almost all the music you have on here, and it really does make you have a blast from the past with every new chapter. Your Bella is an extremely brave and strong character, and your Edward...Oh my God, I love your Edward. So incredibly sweet and charming. Definitely one of my favorite Edwards. I started reading this story when you only had 2 chapters posted, but I must have accidentally forgot to subscribe. I read A LOT of fanfiction, and honestly completely forgot about this until I stumbled across it again today, and not only re read the first 2 chapter, but didn't stop until there weren't anymore. So, now at 4:30 a.m. I'm tired as hell, yet still wishing there was more to read lol. Guess I'll have to wait for the next update to see what happens. I will NOT forget to subscribe this time lol. Great chapter. Great story so far, and I can't wait to read the next update. I'm really looking forward to it.

Letters to Edward by addicter2Twifanfics
Hey!
I’m your fan!
This story is very good, and, being honest, i’m obssesed with Twilight, just like Izzy, so this Fic describes my obssesion very, very good.

I’m from Argentina, so I obviously speak Spanish, and I was wondering if I could translate your story. OF COURSE, I WOULD SAY THAT IS YOURS, NOT MINE. So, what do you think? My msn is , so you can add me and we can chat, and (if you say yes) you can tell me the rules about translating your Fic, and all that stuff.

Ok, so now, i have to go.
I love your story (: you’re a very good writer, I don’t care what you say YOU’RE AN EXCELLENT WRITER ;)

ok, bye :D
kisses ;)

That Pain to Miss by Helenah Jay
Review by anonymous
Chapter 8
"I am completely diggin' this story. Well written (and thank you for that!) and completely plausible and realistic. Well, as realistic as vampires can be, anyway.

I rarely read canon stories. I mean, REALLY rarely. This is so, so good, though, and so much different than anything I've read. Why on Earth has no one thought to do something like this before? Many stories (including one of my own) start at the point of Edward's leaving in NM. It seems so odd to me that no one would have thought to do this before, but clearly, it's a perfect starting point. Very original, very in-character, and - again, because seriously, what a blessing - just really well written.

Another biggie - You've managed to keep Alice very much like the Alice from the books, and yet - seriously, this is HUGE - she doesn't annoy me. I typically dislike Alice. I tend to dislike fanfic Alice even more. And I CERTAINLY dislike her with Jasper, because he's my favorite character, and she generally annoys the crap out of me. But here we are, on chapter 8, and I'm still reading, and I'm actually kind of *gasp* ..LIKING her. You've avoided turning her into the fanfic caricature she usually becomes. For the love of god don't tell anyone I said that! ;)

I can't get over how CLOSE to canon this is, and yet completely entirely original. You've worked in SO much, so many things, from either the books or the movies, and it's completely recognizable as the Cullens from Twilight, but it's completely original.

I'm rambling. Sorry. And probably making a lot less sense than I intended!

Well done. Thank you for sharing this story! =)

That Pain to Miss by Helenah Jay
Review by circe290
Chapter 8
"I am completely diggin' this story. Well written (and thank you for that!) and completely plausible and realistic. Well, as realistic as vampires can be, anyway.

I rarely read canon stories. I mean, REALLY rarely. This is so, so good, though, and so much different than anything I've read. Why on Earth has no one thought to do something like this before? Many stories (including one of my own) start at the point of Edward's leaving in NM. It seems so odd to me that no one would have thought to do this before, but clearly, it's a perfect starting point. Very original, very in-character, and - again, because seriously, what a blessing - just really well written.

Another biggie - You've managed to keep Alice very much like the Alice from the books, and yet - seriously, this is HUGE - she doesn't annoy me. I typically dislike Alice. I tend to dislike fanfic Alice even more. And I CERTAINLY dislike her with Jasper, because he's my favorite character, and she generally annoys the crap out of me. But here we are, on chapter 8, and I'm still reading, and I'm actually kind of *gasp* ..LIKING her. You've avoided turning her into the fanfic caricature she usually becomes. For the love of god don't tell anyone I said that! ;)

I can't get over how CLOSE to canon this is, and yet completely entirely original. You've worked in SO much, so many things, from either the books or the movies, and it's completely recognizable as the Cullens from Twilight, but it's completely original.

I'm rambling. Sorry. And probably making a lot less sense than I intended!

Well done. Thank you for sharing this story! =)

Review by michswan
Chapter 39
"BB - I am finally caught up on F&FS :D

I am loving this story! I *hate* your Mike and I'm worried we haven't seen the last of him. I adore your Edward and his potty mouth. I'm thrilled ExB are finally together. My suspicions about James from last chapter were confirmed. Something is wrong with him and I now highly suspect he was involved with Bella's parents murder...

Thanks for the update and I'm looking forward to more!"

Review by TRIC4R
Chapter 39
"i feel like a six yr old.. afraid to name a monster for fear of it coming to life! lol dramatic i know i hope what im thinking is not whats happening with that james and the whole dream sequence? lol i know better than to ask for hint ..i imagine while i reread that dream part with the 'JAWS' famous background music.. you know what i mean?.. like a flashing warning or something lol anyway loving it and ecstatic to see an update!
Tricia"

Review by RebAdams7
Chapter  39
"Oh snshyne

Why do I feel that the bad penny called James is the crux of pain for both Bella and Edward

AHHHHHgh!

I'm jest saying, it's a mite troublin' on the mind (insert light Texas accent)

Laters
Reb"

Review by rubyrandom
Chapter 39
*waves*  I saw the teaser on pictease and was intrigued so much so that started reading yesterday (even though I had just promised myself that I wasn't starting any new WIP stories for a little while) and I have been entranced with it since!

There is really too much to process right now so I'm rambling but... wow! What an amazing story!  I love the mix of heartfail, angst, fluff and mystery! And FTR when she took E to meet her parents - I had to find some tissues!  No lie.

I am slightly confused about Edward's night terrors.  I'm hoping I didn't miss something and the significance has yet to be revealed?  And yes.  James is def a shady character.  Didn't have him pegged as killing her parents but after reading some comments, I can see that there may be some potential there. Either way, he's just too shady to not suspect of some kind of evil.

Can't wait to find out more! :)

Chapter 39
"Sweet snshyne... I fall deeper in love with this story everytime I read more. The imagery and phrasing in this chapter is amazing. ...devoured by the vulturous guests...""The first sunshine after a snowstorm."" That is so powerful. And when she describes the way her skin feels...""It hums for you, near you, because of you."" Simply amazing.

Thanks so much for sharing your talent on the page. What a gift. Looking forward to more. Heart you!"

Review by Mels78
Chapter 39
"Hmm, me thinks James is going to cause problems soon. I wonder if he killed Bella's parents. I find it interesting that he wanted to know about their self-defense class; trying to find out what moves she knows so he can counter them when/if he attacks her. Hmmm, very, very interesting.

I thought Bella's POV re: therapy was very interesting. It seems to me that they always want to focus on the past; they need to figure out how to move you forward not backward. Have not found that one yet :)

I love the interaction between Bella & Edward; it just makes me happy right now. To see them opening up & loving each other is wonderful.

Cannot wait for the next chapter :)"

Chapter 39
"That James really gives me the creeps, not just the way he's looking at Bella, but there is something more there. Why was he so interested in knowing about their self defense class? he even got good note on Bella's best moves, loke he wants to know info about her weak points in case he has to fight her? what the...? I'm thinking he wants to attack her or something, dunno. Thank God she's kind of sensing something and is going to try to not be alone with him.

And she's right about not talking to Edward about it, it would put Jasper in a hard position. Thank God she told someone though, jic. Boy, you keep getting her in difficult situation, LOL.

And her dreams about her parent's murder. Could've James being a part of that? not that he's a killer or something, but maybe they were trying to rob them and things went south? which would've been stupid since Charlie was a cop.

And I love how Bella is evolving in this fic. She's getting stronger, not that she wasn't before, but it's like she's not stronger because she has to in order to survive, but more like she's stronger because she found a reason to live, to be happy and not just with Edward but with everything. I love the comment Alice made about the happy sex, that's exactly what it is, she's enjoying herself and her relationship with Edward and the dynamics with the rest of the gang...I'm just so happy for her :)

And she's strong enough to get pass the sadness on her own and not going to therapy and stuff, I mean, you're not weak for needing that kind of help and you're not stupid for not going to therapy. Each person deals with things in different ways that are best for THEM, and that's what she's doing.

Great chapter  <3"

Review by cclore
Chapter 3
"I'm speechless.

I saw the prompt and never thought of the direction you went in.

Super writing, cupcake.  Beautiful in such a sad, sad way."

Review by maria2906
Chapter 7
"God this is amazing..every freaking word you write touches my heart..this particular chapter is like it's coming from my head but way more eloquently..I think about these things and ponder about them...funny how the human mind works..if one is an outsider and looks at humans as a species he will find so many wrong things with them..such fragility..so many fears masked with fake bravado.."

Review by Renas40
Chapter 9
"and back to the tears...

seriously how do you manage to tell us so much with so few words?

I'm so loving reading all your puzzle pieces."

Review by nanallac5
Chapter 9
"Shit. This is my favourite so far. ""A man erased"" ..100 words with amazing power.100 words that capture a story,a moment in life, feelings so well. makes sense? I just love it.xx"

Two Makes Three by xXTailoredDreamsXx
Review by X3msriss
Chapter 27
This chapter went by so fast! I'm still curious about Esme. Little bree was adorable "Momma Bella".. my mouth dropped a little on that one. So cute, and shocking. I can feel the jealousy coming from Jane. I'm really loving this Bella, and I love how she held her own against James despite her fears. I need a little more Edward in the next one ;) OH OH OH.. I almost forgot! I loved the "Iced tea... mmm" reference in there. I was laughing so hard. Loved this chapter...

A Love Like This  by Oliviamk1217
Chapter 2
"I actually just read these first two chapters for the seconds time. I was on vacation for the past week, and printed them out to read on the trip, but wanted to reread them now that I'm home and wanted to comment. I'm sure I've told you at least once before, probably more, how much I adored Don't Forget to Remember Me. I can say now that I've finished it that it is absolutely my favorite fan fic ever. I know you've mentioned that other readers have said that these two are the
most in love Bella and Edward they've ever read, and I thoroughly agree. Reading your story just makes me melt. They're so perfect together, and the story so amazingly wonderful that I want to read it all over again just to feel those feelings along with them again.

Your writing surrounds me, and makes me feel as if I'm right in the story. I've read a million fics, and there are a lot of good ones, a few great, but yours is even beyond that-your writing is just breathtaking, and I will forever look forward to reading anything you write. I'm so, so happy you're
continuing this story, and I can't to see where you take them now. Their journey so far has been unbelievable, and so far, the sequel is off to an amazing beginning.

Debbie

Not So Average by Thaigher Lillie
Chapter 8
Fuck Alice. Fuck Rosalie. So In-Love with Jasper! Great chapter, and even though I am so totally against throwing up food to get skinny (there are so many other healthy ways out there), I wonder what they (the bitches, Alice and Rosalie) would do if they knew. Would they even regret it? Screw Alice, I don't care if she regrets it or not. She's a bitch, end of story, and Rosalie is messed up- insane with a capital I.

Review by Fabkish
Chapter 18
"I think this is the best chapter to date. It's like a culmination of every thought and feeling Bella has had since the beginning of the story - her confusion, insecurities, thoughts about her past and her present.  

When she explained to Emily about the night she met Edward, I felt like she was finally reconciling her past and her present. And wow - Edward did not know she felt that way about herself! That was huge revelation for Edward so I'm hoping they explore that further in her therapy. Even outside of therapy, I'm sure he will want to talk about it. It was also wonderful that Bella got to hear Edward's point of view about the night they first met. She needed to know how he felt.

I loved your writing. The scene at the beach was particularly beautiful and I ended up crying BIG tears by the end of the chapter. I don't know... it was just very emotional reading how much Bella has grown in her understanding of herself and how much she appreciates her marriage, despite how it's changed.

I loved these passages :  

""This is what I want from counselling: I want to find a way to understand how my emotions affect me. I want to make them more like the water that is gently caressing my feet than water that is rushing over me, drowning me entirely.

I see the incarnation of the love we share, and even if the initial passion faded long ago, I think that maybe the foundation of our relationship is still strong enough. We still feel love; it is just a different feeling now than in the beginning. That difference doesn't mean it's not worth as much, and it doesn't mean it's not love.""

Thank you for updating!"

What the Dead Know by DazzledbyJake
Chapter 8
"Okay I must admit honestly that I am rather enjoying this story. The relationship between Ness and Jake is a mix of different things. It is pure, wholehearted, sexy, lustful, I could say many more. One thing that attracts me to this story is the romance, it's definitely there, but shown in a completely different matter. It is exciting to know that they share a secret which only further bonds them.

I say all of that because I haven't reviewed in awhile and I really like this story. I might just fall in love with it. I love the references to the original stories by Stephenie Meyer such as Twilight and New Moon. In a different predicament it might have not worked well, I like how you used those situations and brought them to human life.

Please do update soon and continue the very excellent Job! =]"

Pas de Deux by Jenny P
Review by StotheP
AN: I had such a hard time writing this chapter. I briefly thought about hanging the whole story up, but after seeing this review I dove right back in with renewed energy... Thank you!
Chapter 19
OH, happy day! Soooooo worth it, poochi! So FREAKING worth it! I'm so excited right now I would twirl except I'm NOT a ballerina and I AM still at work.

It feels so gooooood to be reading your words again! And what words! I was holding my breath through the delicious tension of the first part but now I'm all gooey-melty at the idea of these two starting over the RIGHT way! I loved Edward forcing himself through his issues to really communicate. I loved Bella realizing how her own insecurities had sabotaged many things. I loved Jake eavesdropping - I love how supportive he is! LOVE LOVE LOVE. I'll be the broken record for YOU. ;)

Excellent work as usual. Actually, I hope it wasn't work. I hope you get as much joy out of writing as I get out of reading! I can't wait for the next update! But I will. ALWAYS

The Sun by Aston Martin Vanquish
Review by andreacf77
Chapter 22
"Another fantastic chapter!

It made me cry when Edward was talking to Nessie, when she talked about her dream and then when he explained to her about him coming back ""for your mummy,she is my Princess Bella"" Awww that was so sweet. Can't wait to see where they go from this!You are both fantastic, so glad I started reading your story!"

Review by ginnygreen
Chapter 13
I loved the chapter. It was a happy surprise to see this fic update. It's been a while but I can't complain. The chapter was well worth the wait. I loved Edward in this chapter. He was very sweet and protective of Bella. Even from himself. I guess the wolves come up in the next chapter. I'm nervous and excited about what will happen with them. You don't see them as being bad guys do you? I'm glad Edward was opening up more. He has a lot to discuss with Bella. But with her past she is still insecure and she is stubborn and under certain circumstances she is quick to anger. I hope she is finally realizing that they are meant for each other. Especially after giving the Prince Charming snow globe. Edward is pretty perfect when he he is self loathing. Her life is a bit of a fairy tale now that they have each other.

Review by Etharay
"I love you! I love you! I love you!  Such a sweet chapter! (And I hope you know I don't mean sweet as in 'sweeeeeeeeet').  Loved the movie choice. I love the oceans movies :)  You have an AWEFULLY good beta, now if only she was less easily distracted by you... I'm teasing!  Keep up the fantastic work :)"


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home