Friday's Fic Fit 8.6.2010

Every Friday, we’ll ease your cravings for a hit/fic by passing on something that’s been rec’d to us. This means that if there’s a fic you wanna see, you’ll need to submit it! Stories that fit the theme of our upcoming podcast are most appreciated.

For today’s reading pleasure, Flanny would like to rec Fallen Princess by Bforqueen.

SusanAshlea said, “This is a very original plot unlike I have seen in any twific. The author paints a very vivid description of Volterra and is taking us on a wild ride. She is a great storyteller, the horror and suspence is awesome and the lemons are hot!”

Summary:

She was born to evil, meant to lead.But all she wanted was to be loved.When her life slides downhill fast,can she get it together in time to save herself and the rest of the world? -Volturi, Post-BD, will involve Cullens and Pack-

Flanny’s official pimping:

Move over Renesmee, there's a new hybrid in town, and she's hornier, drunker and more badass than you, baby. I'm referring to the original character Luciana from Bforqueen's angsty epic, Fallen Princess. Do not let a hatred for Volturi fic scare you away from this one. Without giving too much away, FP is a hybrid, in and of itself; a wolf in Volturi clothing...

In the prologue, we get a window into poor Lucy's life:

My father doesn't talk about her; she was never anything more to him than an incubator, a means to an end. All I knew was that I looked like her: the same long, dark hair and the same green eyes. She'd been terrified and in a lot of pain in the short time she'd been in the castle. Her pain was ended the day I was born, the day I killed her.

No matter how I tried, I could never please my father, or my uncles for that matter. They were powerful rulers of their kind, and they hoped that with my creation, they could enter a new era. They wanted to breed an army of creatures like me - hybrids, as we were called. With our inhuman strength and ability to walk in the daylight without showing our true nature, we would be an unstoppable army. We would rule the world, both that of vampires and of humans. That's what I was made for; it's what they wanted from me. I should have been their leader, the man that would lead them to victory. Instead, I was the girl that never quite measured up.

Bforqueen writes flowery, sometimes sad lemons, fraught with Lucy's desire, not merely for sexual satisfaction but for happiness, acceptance and love. Lucy gives herself away easily, never getting the love she craves so desperately from the vampire who takes her innocence from her. By the time she’s presented with her first opportunity for love, she is too broken and jaded to recognize it. Enter the angst lemon:

The pleasure I was giving Felix made me feel more powerful than I ever felt before and I found myself wanting more. I bent down over him and slowly licked the head of his enormous erection. His hips shot upwards in response. I smirked at how easy this was. Slowly I lowered my mouth around him, taking as much in as I could, before dragging back up again.

"Oh God, that feels so good," Felix panted.

He was so big that there was no way I could take him in completely so I settled for wrapping my hands around the parts I couldn't reach with my mouth. A strange salty flavour hit my tongue; it tasted odd but good. I found myself really enjoying this.

I worked him until my jaw was sore and his movements had become so erratic that I knew he was close. With an agility that even surprised me, I moved up his body again and placed his erection against my entrance.

"I need you inside of me, Felix. Do it now," I commanded.

"Anything you say, Princess."

Felix lifted me by the hips, threw me on my back and positioned himself between my legs. He looked in my eyes intently, as if he was asking for permission.

"Please tell me if I hurt you."

I snorted.

"Just do it, Felix."

The horror of Lucy's life is palpable to the reader, but despite that, she is not a weak character. She’s not portrayed as a victim, a princess in her tower, if you will. She's tough and fun...and did I mention drunk? It's true. Like any petulant teenager, Lucy still manages to sneak out and get drunk with her human friends. That's pretty brave, considering her nanny is Jane.

But growing up a Volturi could not be without its fair share of bloodshed, as described in this flashback. Lucy's family decides early on in her young life that she must learn how to embrace her nature. I'm choosing to share now, not the most graphic excerpt from this section, but the one that is most telling about Lucy's character:

Something flew past me and landed with a loud thud against the marble wall behind me. I didn't look at it; I was afraid of what I might find. Then I noticed something warm trickle down my arm and I looked down to find that I was spattered with blood. The crimson liquid quickly soaked into my dress, creating bright, red circles against the white fabric. I started rubbing it, trying to get it out, but it only made it worse. I wanted to run away so bad, but I was trembling from head to toe and completely unable to move.

Gradually the screams faded, one by one. I thought I would be relieved, but instead I felt worse. The silence meant death. A whole group of innocent human lives were lost. I couldn't figure out why my father wanted me to witness this, surely he knew the effect it would have on me. I didn't understand why he would put me through this.

Lucy is a child in this flashback, and it’s an epiphany and a pivotal moment in her life; the point where both sides of her nature are revealed to her, and she chooses to be the lamb, rather than the lion.

So, right about now you may be wondering about the Cullens and the wolfpack, yes? Yeah, they're not in this story. No, I'm totally kidding! They are all fundamental players in this fic.

Bforqueen plays with themes of free will, not only in Lucy's parentage and her fate in accepting her birthright, but by introducing the wolves into the story and the question of imprinting. The loss of free will takes away a great love from Lucy (a certain Volturi guardsman) while introducing her to another (a certain Quileute wolf).

My fingers were digging hard into the flesh of his back, while his hands entwined themselves in my hair, pulling my head back. I sighed audibly when his mouth left mine, and his lips began a torturous trail down my neck, leaving hot, wet marks wherever he kissed me. Somewhere in the deepest realms of my subconscious, I knew this wasn't a good idea, that this was too fast, but I quickly silenced that nagging voice when his lips reached my collarbone, and he nipped at my skin. I tugged at his hair, trying to make him go lower, and he obliged. I moaned with longing, wanting even more still. I moved my hand downwards, over his chest, down his abdomen, to the front of his shorts. My hand found the evidence of his desire, and I chuckled while rubbing it up and down. He gasped and quickly yanked my hand away while taking a step backwards.

Ummmm, where was I? Oh, yeah, reviewing for the Friday Fic Fit. B's strengths are in her physical descriptions and portrayal of anguish. For all of the dark, there is some light too, and I get the feeling this author intends on giving us a happy ending.

Finally, I'd like to mention that English is not B's first language, something that astonished me after I started reading her fic. She certainly has a command over it!

Make sure to read and review Fallen Princess, and tell her that the Pimps sent you!

Fallen Princess on FF.net

Fallen Princess on Twilighted

Fallen Princess Forum Thread

Bforqueen on Twitter

Labels:

2 Comments:

At August 6, 2010 at 9:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this fic! It's so dark, and delicious, and B certainly does have a way with descriptions. Thanks for giving her some love, Flanny!

 
At August 6, 2010 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Lady Tazz said...

Awesome rec and yes this is one kick ass story!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home